Academic integrity is a cornerstone of higher education and dishonest behavior in the classroom can disrupt the educational process for faculty and students. While as a faculty member, you are at the front line when these situations occur; educating students about integrity in their academic work is an institutional value. The Office of Student Conduct aims to partner with faculty to:
Promote academic integrity in and out of the classroom
Educate our students about the expectations here at WSU
Empower our students to take pride in their academic work and to add greater value to their personal educational career at WSU
Our office is eager to support academic integrity in your classroom. Please contact us if you would like us to do a presentation for your class or department.
To the right you will find additional reference material. Please check back often as additional resources will be added.
Disclaimer: We assume no responsibility for material outside of the academicintegrity.wsu.edu website. These links are useful reference guides, based on content viewed at the time of posting. Please contact us if you have questions about your specific situation.
References of Interest
WSU Academic Integrity Reference Guide for Faculty
- WSU sample syllabus statements
- Commercial note-taking copyright information
- Articles on Academic Integrity
- Sample syllabus statements from other schools
- The Center for Academic Integrity
- VAIL Plagiarism Tutorial
- The Plagiarism Checker
- Videos on Academic Integrity
- Discussing Academic Integrity with your students
- Advice from students to faculty members on protecting academic integrity